Using Emancipatory Methodologies in Disability Research
- Acknowledgements - ms word (121kb)
- M. Claire O'Connor, director National Disability Authority, the research role of the NDA - ms word (121kb)
Plenary session 1
Plenary session 2
Plenary session a stream
- ms word version what exactly is an emancipatory methodology (145 kb)..
- ms word version reflections from both sides of the fence (144 kb)
- ms word version towards emancipatory and empowering disability research - reflections on three participatory action research projects (173 kb).
- ms word version emancipatory research — theory to practice - it’s my life………. it’s my workplace (131 kb).
- word version perspectives on emancipatory research methods in a service-user-led study (143 kb).
- ms word version continuing the integration of preschool children with a mild and moderate intellectual disability into community preschools - support and resource requirements (169 kb).
- ms word version small steps to emancipation and social change - seeking the views of south asian disabled young people (143 kb).
- ms word version disability awareness & equality training in third level education (131 kb).
Plenary session b stream
- ms word version beyond the social model (151 kb).
- ms word version communal constructivism and its potential for inclusion of students with visual impairment (164 kb).
- ms word version disability, gender and power - finding a useful theoretical framework and an appropriate methodology (156 kb).
- ms word version doing is the best way of saying (134 kb).
- ms word version the development of personal relationship and sexuality guidelines for people with learning disabilities (168 kb).
- ms word version a preliminary investigation of disability in farm households in Ireland (258 kb).
- ms word version a question of choice — Ireland service users’ experience of medication and treatment (139 kb).
Plenary session 3
- ms word version institutionalising disability studies - research methodologies and the quandary of over- analysed populations (178 kb).
- ms word version a response to david mitchell (130 kb).