Guidelines for Accessible Maritime Passenger Transport
The Department of Transport and the NDA have jointly developed Guidelines for Accessible Maritime Passenger Transport in Ireland. The Guidelines are aimed at making passenger journeys by ship, boat or ferry easier for everyone, irrespective of whether you are a person with a disability, you are travelling with children or luggage, or you simply find it difficult using steps.
The Guidelines provide practical advice and information for those involved in the provision of maritime passenger transport services and cover all aspects of the passenger journey, including:
- Providing information on accessibility to help in planning a journey
- Improvements to shore-side facilities in ports, harbours and piers
- Improving access on board vessels
- Disability awareness training for staff
- Emergency planning
- Improving customer relations for all passengers
To order a hardcopy of this publication, please contact us.