What are the Web Accessibility Requirements?
The 2020 regulations give effect to the EU “Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 October 2016 on the accessibility of the websites and mobile applications (apps) of public sector bodies”. This is also known as the Web Accessibility Directive.
How NDA monitors compliance under the Directive
Learn more about how NDA conducts accessibility reviews and what your organisation must do when you receive a Notice of Monitoring from NDA.
EU Web Accessibility Directive Monitoring Reports
NDA has completed Ireland’s first monitoring report which contains valuable insights into the accessibility of public sector websites and mobile apps.
Developing Accessibility Statements
Find out how to prepare an accessibility statement that outlines compliance with the standards, and provides detailed information and assistance for accessibility for users.
NDA/ICS Web Accessibility Directive Webinars
We joined with the Irish Computer Society (ICS) to develop and present a series of webinars to raise awareness and to help public bodies make their website and mobile applications more accessible.
The Web Accessibility Directive Training Webinar Series 2023 includes two sessions:
- Session 1: Universal Design and involving users
- Session 2: Accessibility InDesign training
The Web Accessibility Directive Training Webinar Series 2022 includes four sessions:
- Session 1: Accessibility: The right choice - Inclusion, universal design and accessibility in online public services
- Session 2: How to Create Accessible Documents and Presentations
- Session 3: Accessibility Testing in Mobile Apps
- Session 4: Organisational factors to improve accessibility
The Web Accessibility Directive Training Webinar Series 2021 includes six sessions:
- Session 1: An Introduction to the EU Web Accessibility Directive
- Session 2: An introduction to the Web Accessibility Directive in practise
- Session 3: Reviewing your website compliance
- Session 4: Creating accessible digital content
- Session 5: Understanding Accessibility Evaluations and Testing Results
- Session 6: Accessibility for Copywriters
Where Can I Find More Information?
The NDA’s Centre for Excellence in Universal Design provides the following guidance on the accessibility and Universal Design of websites and mobile apps:
- Guidance and resources
- Customer Communications Toolkit for the Public Service - A Universal Design Approach