About this event
The National Disability Authority (NDA) holds an 'Annual Listening Session' to hear the views of disabled people on a particular topic. We invite people with disabilities and other interested parties to attend our 2023 virtual session that will explore issues and themes around raising awareness of disability.
Two guest speakers will share their experiences and insights on the theme and this will be followed by breakout discussion sessions.
A summary of the discussions will be used to inform NDA’s work. This summary will also be used in the development of a new UNCRPD Implementation Strategy during 2023 by the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth.
Date: Thursday 25 May 2023
Time: 12.30 to 14.45
How to register
Please sign up to attend this event.
The running order of this Webinar is as follows:
- 12:30-12:35 - Welcome by Kathryn O’Donoghue, NDA Chairperson
- 12:35-12:40 - Introduction by Session Chair, Dr. Aideen Hartney, NDA Director
- 12:40-12:50 - Adam Harris, AsIAm
- 12:50-13:00 - Paula Soraghan, Independent Living Movement Ireland
- 13:00-13:25 - Question and Answer session
- 13:25-13:35 - Break
- 13:35-14:30 - Discussion in breakout rooms
- 14:30-14:45 - Feedback session and closing remarks
Irish Sign Language interpretation and real-time captioning will be available for those attending.
You can tell us about any other accessibility requirements on the registration form linked above.
All registered attendees will get Zoom links in the coming weeks.
There is no charge for this event.
Read about previous 'Annual Listening Sessions' below.