National Disability Authority Annual Conference
The NDA Annual Conference, usually held in October every year, is an opportunity to share learning from Ireland and abroad on disability policy and practice around a particular theme. The conference is targeted to policy makers and Department and public officials but is also of interest to civil society, people with disabilities and their families, researchers and academics.
Previous Annual Conferences have focused on a variety of themes such as access to justice, achieving inclusive communities, housing, education and employment. Themes are linked to UNCRPD articles and are decided based on discussion with our board, knowledge of issues of concern to disability stakeholders, and knowledge of changes and developments in the disability landscape in Ireland.
During the COVID-19 pandemic our conferences were held virtually. Our 2022 conference on the theme of Accessibility (Article 9) will be a blended event with the in-person part taking place in Croke Park.
Sign up to our newsletter towards the end of the page, or follow us on Twitter to hear about our Annual Conference and other events.
Previous NDA Annual Conferences
The Annual Conference focuses on a particular theme each year. Previous Conferences have focused on the following;
- NDA Annual Conference 2022: From an accessibility to a Universal Design approach – learning from the public and private sectors
- NDA Annual Conference 2021: Opportunities and Aspirations for the Assisted Decision-Making (Capacity) Act 2015: Progressive Realisation of UNCRPD Article 12 (Equal Recognition before the Law)
- NDA Annual Conference 2020: Facilitating the effective and equal participation of persons with disabilities in the Irish criminal justice system (Article 13 UNCRPD)
- NDA Annual Conference 2019: UNCRPD: Past Lessons and Future Aspirations
- NDA Annual Conference 2018: Achieving Better Outcomes for Persons with a Disability: using data as a tool to guide policy and practice
- NDA Annual Conference 2017: Making My Own Way: Supporting self-directed life in the community
- NDA Annual Conference 2016: Ordinary Homes, Ordinary Places: Planning, designing and building supportive communities for people with disabilities
- NDA Annual Conference 2015: Planning and Leadership for inclusive mainstream public services for people with disabilities
- NDA Annual Conference 2014: Employing people with disabilities
- NDA Annual Conference 2013: Supporting transitions for people with disabilities
- NDA Annual Conference 2012: Achieving inclusive communities
- NDA Annual Conference 2011: People with disabilities participating fully and safely in the community
- NDA Annual Conference 2010: Promoting Independent Living and Community Participation for people with disabilities: a whole systems approach
- NDA Annual Conference 2009: Promoting independent and community living for people with intellectual disabilities