About the conference
The 2014 Annual Conference took employment as its theme, with a particular focus on showcasing strategies and approaches that are successful in employing people with disabilities.
The conference was of interest to employers, to policy makers, to disability service providers, and to individuals with disabilities and their families.
The programme for the 2014 conference included an opening speech by Senator Fergal Quinn and a welcome address by the NDA Chairperson, Ms. Helen Guinan.
The programme included the following sessions and contributions;
Session 1 What Works: Employing People with Disabilities
- What Works: Employing People with Disabilities: Dr. Michael J. Prince, Lansdowne Professor of Social Policy, University of Victoria, Canada
Session 2 Real Life Perspectives from Ireland
- Overview of Project Search at Naas General Hospital: Peter Furlong, Assistant Manager Adult Services, KARE and Alice Kinsella, Acting General Manager, Naas Hospital
- Providing Equal Employment Routes (PEER) - WALK’s PEER Programme: Gráinne Berrill, Programme Coordinator, WALK PEER Programme
- From Personal to Professional: Eileen Daly, Career Advisor with responsibility for Students with Disabilities, Careers Advisory Service, Trinity College, Dublin
- Working with a Disability: Rachel Ashe, Digital Marketing Specialist, Hays Ireland