The 2011 Annual Conference aimed to showcase national and international programmes and initiatives for promoting participation, independence and safety, for people with disabilities living in the community.
- Professor Caroline Glendinning, Professor of Social Policy at Social Policy Research Unit at the University of York
- Annette Bauer, Research Officer in the Personal Social Services Research Unit at the London School of Economics and Political Science
- Valerie Bradley, President of the Human Services Research Institute
- Rachel Johnson, Director of Mamre in Brisbane, Australia.
The afternoon workshops looked at:
- Building safe communities
- Sexuality, parenting and family relationships
- Choice and control: The experience of person centred budgets in the UK
- Using assistive technology to participate fully in the community.