This guide provides employers with information about how to help employees who have acquired a disability to stay in work or return to work after a period of recovery. This guidance is based on what research has shown to be effective. It is good practice for employers to develop a formal return to work policy that is specific to their own business.
Retaining Employees who Acquire a Disability: A Guide for Employers
- NDA Factsheet 4: Retaining People with a Disability in the Workforce
- Reasonable Accommodations: Obstacles and Opportunities to the Employment of Persons with a Disability
- Assisting People with Autism in Employment: Guidance for Line Managers and HR Professionals
- Reasonable Accommodations for People with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Literature review. Guidance on retaining employees with a disability